- Players must be 21+ years of age.
- All participating players must wear the kickball shirt issued to them. In some cases a spirited costume may
- Sub players are only permitted to avoid a forfeit and never permitted in the playoffs.
- Cleats are permitted, provided they do not have metal bottoms.
- Trash talk is permitted if clever or witty, but never violent or irate.
- Teams usually range in sizes of 12 to 16.
- 5 men and 5 women constitute a complete gameday lineup.
- A team missing male players may allow a woman to fill the spot of a male, but not vice versa.
- A team with less than 8 players total or less than 4 women will forfeit and a scrimmage will occur in place of a game.
- The game is played on a baseball diamond or grass field with the bases being 60 feet apart.
- Games last 9 innings with no time limit (games may be cut short do to lighting, it is important for games to start on time).
- A tie game will go into extra innings.
- Coaches are permitted at 1st base, 3rd base and on the bench. Coaches must stay outside the field of play.
- Unsportsmanlike behavior may result in disciplinary actions including ejection, suspension or expulsion.
- Unlimited substitutions are allowed while playing the field.
- If you are too injured to run, then you are too injured to play. Therefore pinch-runners are not allowed, however the opposing captain may chose to waive this rule.
The '8-4-12' Mercy Rule
- A team losing by 8 runs or more is allowed 4 outs while kicking and can play 12 players when fielding.
- No walks, strikes or hit by pitches. The batter has the option to decline a pitch.
- An umpire can call a first or second strike (but never a third) if a batter intentionally declines to kick
a perfectly pitched ball.
- 3 fouls per batter, a batter is called out on the 3rd foul.
- Bunting is permitted, however, if the catcher is able to possess the ball before the batter reaches first
base, then the batter will be given 2 fouls and kick again.
- A batter that kicks from the grassy area in front of home plate will be called out by the umpire.
- Men and women must alternate kicking. Women may kick back-to-back and your entire batting order must bat before a player can bat again (Team Yelp! Clarification).
- No leading or stealing allowed.
- A baserunner who leaves the base before the ball is contacted will be called out by the umpire.
- Once a fielder is on the mound with possession of the ball all runners must return to the previous base
unless more than half way.
- The play will be called dead if a baserunner slaps the ball while safely standing on base.
- Play ceases when a fielder is on the pitcher's mound with possession of the ball.
- Striking a player with a ball in an attempt to record an out (pegging) is permitted. Pegging female players is allowed but frowned upon in situations, exclusive of 'plays at the plate.'
A baserunner that is hit above the shoulders on a peg out will be awarded the base they were advancing towards and play will continue as a live ball.
- If a baserunner is accidentally contacted above the shoulders while attempting to evade the ball (dodging,
ducking, dipping, diving, dodging) the baserunner will be called out at the discretion of the umpire.
- There is no 'infield' fly rule
- Underhand only.
- Pitches must be thrown in good faith with no intent to deceive, bounce, spin or speed the ball past the batter.
- The catcher must start play behind home plate in the area created by extending the 1st and 3rd base lines,
and may not impede the kicker.
Due to the competitive nature of playoffs, certain rules are maintained for playoff games
- The higher seeded team has the choice of being home or away.
- The higher seeded team has the choice of field selection.
- No replacement-players can be used. Every player must be registered to your team.
- A team with less than 4 women or 8 total players must forfeit.
- Captains must furnish a batting order at the request of the opposing team.
- There is no mercy rule in the playoffs.